Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday morning. I got a decent night's sleep last night, although I still wake up every couple of hours. Dave is marshaling a golf tournament at Green Mountain this morning. I hope that his golf and football activities won't have to be interrupted too much after I get out of the hospital. This afternoon Kevin, a friend from football and church, is going to help Dave dig our hospital bed out of the rafters. I may not need it when I get home, but better safe than sorry. Other than that, we are trying to get things organized, but it's hard to know exactly what needs to be done. I've never really been in the hospital nor had surgery, so this will be a new experience for me.

I think we will give Molly Maids a try next week. They come in and clean for two hours which should be a short enough time to not be intrusive. I haven't had the energy to clean the house properly for a while now, so it will be good for the house to get the cleaning that it needs. If they come and clean every week or two while I am recuperating, it will be a big relief to me. Dave would rather use his time working from home than cleaning and I don't blame him. And then when I get visitors in a few weeks (hint, hint!) I won't have to be embarrassed about a dirty house.

I've noticed for a while that my eyes have been red. Is that related to the faulty heart valve? Or is it perhaps because I've begun wearing a eyemask during the night to help keep the room darker so that I sleep better?

I hope that people will dialogue with me on this blog, not just read it for information. It will be my tool for communication and you know how important that is to me. Phone calls would be exhausting, but using the internet will allow me to log on when and if I feel up to it.

We had a nice dinner with Tim and Kiersten last night and they and Dave convinced me to use a blog for communication rather than relying on email. For one thing, it will be easier for Dave to update while I am in the hospital. I was concerned that writing a blog seemed too egotistical, so I hope it's not. I just signed up for Facebook, but I can already tell that I won't have the energy to figure all that out until after I am recuperated. So please correspond with me via the blog or email. If you know others that might be interested in my blog, feel free to pass the URL on to them. And always, keep praying for me!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know how you are feeling, Mom. I'm glad you are getting your hospital bed set up - just in case. I wish that I could be your Molly Maid, but I want to save the time that I have for visiting with you.

    I have a couple of friends I will share the blog with. We are all praying for you and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kiersten. Can you tell if people can write a coment without having a google account?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,

    I'm so thankful that we got to spend a few minutes together the other day. I think this blog is a great idea, now we can keep in close touch without worrying about tiring you out. May I share this with Bill and the rest of our group?

    To answer your question about comments - I had to have an account to comment, I was able to use our i2 yahoo account to connect with google though so I didn't have to create a new one.

    God is with you on this journey (He doesn't need an account).

    many blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sharon. Yes, this blog is meant to be shared. I appreciate that you were able to figure out how to comment. Thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete