Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just got a call from Kim, the RN. My carotid ultrasound came out fine, showing "minimal" risk of stroke. So it's a go for the surgery on Tuesday, April 28. I will be admitted to the hospital on Monday afternoon at 2 pm. At 4 pm there is a tour of the cardiac unit for friends and family. The Tuesday morning visit time before surgery will be from 6:15 am until 6:40am. The surgery will begin at 7 am and should take from 4-8 hours. So I guess it's really happening!

1 comment:

  1. I think moving ahead is good news! I'm glad that you are testing safely for all the possible complications they are looking at. It's reassuring that they are so thorough in thinking of other things that might go wrong.

    I think we get to see you tomorrow night! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete