Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just got a phone call from Kim Carlson, the cardiac surgery RN coordinator. I have an ENT appointment tomorrow at 11 am at Sunnybrook. I'll go from there to get the carotid ultrasound at Sunnyside and then back to the lab. It turns out that since I'm an open heart surgery patient, they should have done the labs as requested and not waited for the 72-hr before surgery rule. The Sunnybrook Clinic and the Sunnyside Medical Center (the hospital) are located next to each other, along with Mt. Talbert and Mt. Scott clinics. The only one I haven't been to is Mt. Scott. Sunnybrook is brand new and has all the latest equipment.

One other wonderful thing is that both Kim and Dr. Shin are Christians. I noticed she was wearing a cross necklace, and when she commented on the phone that things are lining up like it's meant to happen this way, I asked if she was a Christian. Not that non-Christians can't be wonderful medical professionals, but it's great to be in the hands of fellow believers.

If the surgery happens as scheduled on Tuesday, I will be admitted to the hospital at 2 pm on Monday. We will go on a family tour of the facility that afternoon and I will stay in the hospital overnight. The surgery will begin around 6:15 am on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting about the surgery plans. I hope the rest of this week isn't too stressful/painful. For some reason I'm taking it as a good sign that they aren't rushing you right away to surgery this week. It makes me feel less panicked.

    Your updates are helpful! I wish we could be more connected in person, but I know we are all busy. I think the blog is the next best thing and hopefully we'll see you this weekend.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete