Monday, April 27, 2009

Heads up on Schedule - Dave

Hello Everyone!

It has been great seeing all your comments on the blog. I know they have warmed Carol's heart.

I want to take a minute and update you on the schedule for the next few days. I will be taking Carol down to the hospital this afternoon around 2pm to be admitted. At 4pm, we will get a tour of the entire facility by the staff. Then tonight she rests up for the big day tomorrow.

Tuesday begins early for her - at 6:15 she will visit with Tim and me. As most of you know, Jonathan is up at Western Washington University (6-7 hours away) in his last quarter before graduation and also works a part time job up there. Carol and I talked about this and thought it best that he not give up the class and work time needed to sit around during the operation. Carol would much rather see him when she is feeling better and able to enjoy his visit. (Plus his store has diet cherry 7up!)

At 6:45, she leaves us for the operating room (OR). The operation could take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. Longer is not necessarily bad, it just means they are doing a good job. Everyone's body is somewhat different in the little things and of course, the devil is in the details. (actually, he better not be in these details!!!) The surgical team will be keeping Tim and I updated on progress throughout the surgery and I will post updates to the blog here as soon as we have news.

Once out of surgery, she will be in the Cardiac ICU ward and pretty much out of it. Tim and I will be allowed to do what they call a "drive by" where we can see that she is OK but she probably won't even know we are there.

In a day or two after that, they will move her to the patient care room, which is still part of the new cardiovascular unit where she will be constantly monitored until her release in some 4-10 days.

Her visitors will be limited, so please don't make the treck all the way to the hospital without checking with me first. As soon as she can handle visitors, I know she will enjoy having them. Also, flowers and balloons are not permitted in the cardiac care unit.

Also, as blog readers, you will know what is happening. But there may be some of her friends and colleagues who are not so computer savy. If you know of them, please either assist them in accessing the blog or pass the news to them. I'm not going to be able to make phone calls to everyone that might want updates. The blog is the place to get news.

Last but not least by any means, please keep the prayers coming. We have a great cardiac team ready to go and with the Holy Spirit's blessing, we are confident that God's glory will shine through.

Blessings to all!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the schedule. And yes, we will be praying for Carol and watching the blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayers are will continue to be flowing from Eric and I and the rest of the group at The Door.

    blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the updates.

    Yes, I know the first couple of days she will be out of it.

    I will be praying for her and you.

    Love you guys,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete