Sunday, May 3, 2009

Today was my first full day at home and it was great. I need help getting in/out of bed and up from some sitting positions. That's a pain, but we can work around it. We had to drive back down to the Mt. Scott Kaiser Clinic to do a lab test for Pro-Time (coumadin blood thinner) levels. Tomorrow we can do that at the Orchards or Cascade Park Clinic. We need to buy a few supplies to make life easier for us. We tried to anticipate what we would need but underestimated. I walked to the mailbox after the trip in the car.

Jonathan is going to help me with changing my eating habits. He sent me some valuable information about good foods/bad foods.

My cough is bugging me but I am assured that I just need to get it all coughed out in order to get well. Kim, the surgery coordinator called this afternoon to check on me. It's nice to know that they do a good follow-up on their cardio-vascular surgery patients. Tim and Kiersten visited this afternoon and Warren and Sandy visited this evening. Yes, I am available for limited visits! It will be good to see people. Just make sure you call Dave ahead of time in case I am resting. . I think afternoons and early evenings will be the best time to visit. Dave even got the lawn mowed today while I was resting in the Lazy-Boy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment