Thursday, May 14, 2009
During the past 2 1/2 years, I have volunteered as a CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocate. We act as the "eyes and ears of the court" for children who are in foster care and dependency court. Today my life returned slightly to normal as I was able to attend a wraparound meeting for one of my cases. Dave had to drive me to and from the meeting, and I was tired afterwards, but I was able to be there and ask some questions and get up-to-speed about what's happening in the case. The case goes to court on Tuesday, and I won't be able to attend because court can be an all-day affair and I'm not up to that. But it felt good to be able to participate in today's meeting. Next Thursday there's a meeting for my other case, and I hope to attend that meeting, too. So, in a small way, I'm starting to get back in the swing of things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carol, that's wonderful to hear how well you're getting back into the routine. You're brave to set out into the work-a-day world in your vulnerable condition. And yet, you will persevere because you are Carol!
ReplyDelete