Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's been 3 weeks since my surgery. Everything is going well. I have a bit of chest pain, probably because I have been squirming around more at night. I can move easier now and shift around more often. I still have trouble sleeping and wake up every hour or two. It makes me groggy in the mornings. Next week I am going to start bugging my doctors about when I can drive. I don't like being so dependent and I feel stuck at home.

The meeting with the dietician went very well. I am on the right track, only I need to balance out my carbs with meat and fat and also I need to eat more often. I can have 2 carbs at each meal and a carb/meat/and fat between meals. It sounds reasonable. My favorite restaurant, Chinese, will have to be a very occasional treat because it's way too high in carbs and sodium. Maybe I can find a new favorite. My diabetes in under good control now and that will help me heal faster. Hopefully in time I can drop the daily dose of Lantus long-acting insulin.

No comments:

Post a Comment