Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waterfront Trail, Vancouver, WA

It was a sunny, warm day today, so Dave and I decided to go for a walk along the Columbia River Waterfront Trail.  This is a multi-use trail that is paved and suitable for bikes and walking.  Before we knew it we had walked a total of 4 miles. 

We parked near the playground at Marine Park and walked toward the east.  In 1996, the Water Resources Education Center opened.  The Center sponsors many community activities which help to increase an awareness about water stewardship.  Signs along the path educate the public about water resources.IMG_5088

IMG_5092 IMG_5091 IMG_5095 Cottonwood along the path.

IMG_5096 Looking across the river at Portland, Oregon. IMG_5098 Portland International Airport is across the river.IMG_5101 In the distance, we can see the I-205 bridge which connects Washington with Oregon.IMG_5109 IMG_5100 Expensive condos which have been built along the Waterfront Trail.IMG_5102  IMG_5110  The Waterfront Trail.IMG_5107

2 comments:

  1. What a really nice walk (and healthy too). It is so much easier to walk when you have such a nice walking path and beautiful views.
    I MUST start my walking again. I had lost 20lbs. but after our winter in the Gulf I gained most of it back. YUK I was soooo proud.

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great trail and so nice to have that near your home. Wasn't the weather great this weekend? Terrific.

    ReplyDelete