I've mentioned that I like to read library books. I also like to read best sellers. I wouldn't want to have to buy all the best sellers. Some are good books, some are not.
Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors of contemporary fiction. Her books are about famlies, relationships, and life. Her latest book, House Rules, is about a boy with Asperger's Syndrome, a type of autism. House Rules looks at what it means to be different in our society, how autism affects a family, and how our legal system works well for people who communicate a certain way – but lousy for those who don’t.
Several of her books have been made into movies. Check out books by Jodi Picoult if you like realistic fiction about timely topics!

I had a student in my science class that had Asperger's Syndrome. He had a wonderful supportive family and a mother that helped me understand so much about this problem.
ReplyDeleteI would be very interested in reading this book so thanks again for another great book to put on my list of "good reads."
Take care!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com
Hi Carol
ReplyDeleteToday is our day off and I slept and read till noon and the first day I have been able to read any blogs. It is so good to get caught up. Hope you and Dave are doing well.
I like to read these types of books too. I will look for this one. Ron was just mentioning that we need to get some more books. I think we have read all that we had in the motor home since we started out on 3/21. I think we will look for a used book store when we head to Marysville next Monday.