We went out for a late lunch to Wet Dog Cafe in Astoria which is located along the waterfront. Dave, Margie, and Bruce had bison burgers and I had clam chowder and salad. On the way out of the cafe, we located a letterbox, which is kind of like a geocache, except that it uses rubber stamps and doesn't depend on GPS to locate it. Fun times!
After Margie and Bruce left around 5 pm, we decided to try to find a few more geocaches. We went to the Warrenton Waterfront Trail. We combined geocaching with a walk, and ended up walking a 5K, which I had been wanting to do. I didn't plan on doing it on a weedy, gravel path, though. The path was supposed to be along the river, and it was, kind of, but it went through the marshy area next to the river instead. We saw several blue herons and lots of other interesting birds. The walk was good, but my feet and hips were very sore by the time we finished. We found two of the three caches we looked for.
Aw....what nice things you said about us, Carol. I have my post about our lunch with you guys coming on in the morning. I always hate my photos....yuck! I do not take good picturs, but the camera only takes what is in front of it. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys did great this afternoon with the geocaching! I think you've really got the hang of it. Have a safe drive back home, tomorrow.
It was a real pleasure meeting you both and we totally enjoyed ourselves. I know we will be seeing you again someday!
Carol
ReplyDeleteFinally getting a chance to catch up on some blogs. Glad you had a great visit with Bruce & Margie.
We are moved to Marysville and I started my new job today. I learned quite a few new things and feel comfortable in the things I learned. Not sure what tomorrow will bring but I don't start till 1:00 so I am planning on sleeping in :)
We leave here on Monday to go to Tacoma for the Taste of Tacoma. It is held at Pt. Defiance Park.
With not having to be at work till later in the day Thursday and Friday I plan on writing another blog update either tomorrow night or Friday morning. It feels great to not be working those 12+ hour days.
Have a safe trip home from Astoria tomorrow.
What a great day for you, we too enjoy meeting other bloggers, we stay in contact with Margie & Bruce, but we missed them the last time they were in MO. so we haven't met face to face yet, the blogging world seems to be filled with just good people. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.
ReplyDeleteCarol, you have met a fine couple! We met them down here in Benson, AZ a short time back and really enjoyed our time with them. And they say you are nice, too, so we definitely want to meet you guys! We're working on getting ourselves back into a traveling mode, so maybe someday we'll get up to your part of the country again!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all got to meet Margie and Bruce! We haven't met them yet but, just like you, we feel like we've known them for awhile through reading each other's blogs. Sounds like you all had a great time together. :0
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the geocaching!! You all are pros. We have been talking about going back out to geocache but it has been soooo hot here..we're waiting for this heatwave to pass.
Take care and have fun!!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com