Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stuck Key

Saturday was the sunniest, warmest day we have had this year.  Summer is here!  We didn't get much spring weather, but everyone is glad to finally see some sun.  Dave was in Portland refereeing a semi-pro game, so I decided to go for a bike ride.  We keep our bicycles in our shop out back.  When I went to open our locked gate, my key got stuck in the lock.
I had already locked the back door to the house, so I was locked in the back yard.  I thought we had a spare key hidden in our shop, but I couldn't find it, so I called Dave.  He said, no, the spare key wasn't there any longer.  Great.  I needed someone to come and open our garage door, go into the house, and unlock the back sliding glass door from the inside.  A neighbor would be best but I didn't have any of their phone numbers on my cell phone.  What to do?  Finally, just when I was getting worried, a neighbor came down the street and I was able to get her attention.  She rescued me!  Thank you, Linda!

The key was still stuck in the lock, but I was determined not to let that prevent me from enjoying the nicest weather we have had this year.  I brought my bicycle in through the house, and out the front door.  Trying not to worry about leaving the key stuck in the lock, I rode my bike for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. 

When Dave got home from the football game around 11:30 pm, he was able to rescue the key.  He promises he will take the two gate locks to the locksmith and have them checked out. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your neighbor rescued you!!
    Sounds like your weather has turned nice for you all. It has been HOT here this weekend with the heat index around 100. Yuk. We seem to have bypassed spring and gone right to summer.
    Glad you enjoyed your bike ride. We still haven't purchased any bikes but it is on our agenda.
    Take care and enjoy the sunshine!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Locks and keys sometimes present problems. We have a box full of keys that we don't know what to do with. There are some locks around that we don't use. I hate to throw away a useless key and then find it was an important one every other year! But you got out of this one just fine. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete