Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

This is the 19th straight day of measurable rain for the Vancouver/Portland area.  We are very tired of all this rain, even though we missed out on the whole first week of rain.  Gardens are ruined, people are grumpy, etc, etc.  Schools aren't out here for another week and a half, so MAYBE there will be sunny weather once school is out. 

Since rain doesn't make a good background for pictures, today I am posting a picture taken last year on July 24 at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.  This was my first visit to Crater Lake and I loved, loved, loved it!  I couldn't believe how still and blue the water was.  We had perfect weather while we were there. This was a special trip for us because it was our first major motorhome trip after my open heart surgery.  This photo was taken by our good friend, Cindi.  Isn't she a great photographer?! 

3 comments:

  1. We were at Crater Lake about 40 years ago. I think it might be time to visit again, ya think? LOL Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture!! Beautiful place!!
    So sorry about all the rain...it sure can dampen spirits (no pun intended). Sad about the gardens too. Hopefully it will stop very soon.

    Take care,
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Near the end of July we will be visiting Crater Lake for the first time.

    ReplyDelete