Saturday, June 19, 2010
Experimenting with Windows Live Writer
Rick wrote in his blog about using the new free Windows Office. I am attempting to learn to use Windows Live Writer. I was able to sign in to Windows Live and I was able to get all the programs EXCEPT Live Writer. With Rick's help, I finally got to this screen. Now we’ll see if it works! The idea is to be able to write my blog off-line when I don’t have internet. The other thing I would like to be able to do is send my blog out in the middle of the night. I see that there is a publish option at the bottom right corner. I’ll try that. It looks like displaying pictures works like I’m used to. I don’t see how to add color to my hyperlinks so that they stand out better?
Labels:
Windows Live Writer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! It worked! Even the publish date worked! I can add the color by editing the post, but is there a way to do it on Live Writer?
ReplyDeleteGood job on getting Live Writer installed and publishing! Getting your blog to publish in the middle of the night is pretty simple. In the bottom right hand corner just use the arrow in the "set publish date" drop down box to pick the date(usually the next day), then after the date displays, just make sure you move the cursor over the time and change it to the time you want to post(i.e. 3:00 am). Then, click on "Publish" as you normally would and that's it. Your post will be submitted to Blogger and will sit there until the time you selected.
ReplyDeleteAs for hyperlink colors, I'll deal with that in a blog in the next few days along with a few tips on how to configure images in Live Writer.