Saturday, June 26, 2010

RV Travel Newsletter

Every Saturday I receive an online RV newsletter edited by Chuck Woodbury.  His RV Travel Newsletter is a quick read, and contains a wide assortment of RV news, trivia, and instruction.  Among the items that caught my interest this week were the following:

  • RVTV show begins broadcasting again on July 3. (Not my favorite RV show, but I’ll take what I can get!)
  • Mount Rainier’s Sunrise Road is now open, a week earlier than expected.  (This is an an area of Mt. Rainier that we haven’t visited yet.)
  • Arizona will reopen five of the 13 rest areas closed earlier due to budget cuts. (Yay!)
  • Spokane, Wash., area campers are upset that the Lake Spokane Campground is closed. The reason? No camphost. When one is found the Department of Natural Resources will reopen the park.  (We noticed that Alder Lake Park in Washington needs camp hosts, also.)
  • Road work on the east entrance road to Zion National Park will be done at night to accommodate local business owners who opposed longer closures. A third of park visitors use the road, which is now open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., weekdays and 24 hours weekends and holidays. (Of interest to me since we visited Zion in April and drove through the east entrance.)
  • RV Short Stop:  Cahokia Mounds, Collinsville, Illinois

  • Museum of the week:  Museum of Western Colorado in Grand Junction

  • Fulltimer Tips:  "Staying Put" has advantages

RV Travel Logo

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I used to get this e-newsletter a few years ago. Then we changed e-mail address and I could never seem to get a subscription request to go through. I'm going to try again through the link you have provided. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete