This morning the wind had finally died down, so I was able to go for a bike ride. I rode under I-90 and along Ellensburg’s Main Street until I was able to cut over to the residential streets. I rode to Central Washington University, known to locals and students simply as Central.
Our younger son, Jonathan, graduated from Western Washington University in Bellingham, which is known simply as Western. There’s also an Eastern Washington University located in Cheney which is near Spokane. These three are all state schools. The other two state universities in Washington are University of Washington (UDub) in Seattle and Washington State University (Wazzu) in Pullman. Our older son, Tim, graduated from the Vancouver, WA, USA campus of WSU (Wazzu).
Anyway, I had a good bike ride and rode 8 miles altogether. I rode up to the football fields, but didn’t see Dave. I saw the high school football campers, though, as they came clomping back to their dorm rooms in their cleats. Dave said there were 1200 high school boys participating in this week’s football camp and there’s another football camp beginning this weekend. Also being held were girls’ volleyball camps and cheerleading camps.
While on the campus, I came upon a Japanese Garden. It provided a lovely, serene respite in the midst of a busy campus.
We looked for seven geocaches in Ellensburg and found only two! I wonder if all college towns have such tough to find geocaches. The clues were either too vague for us or there were no clues. And I picked what looked like the easiest caches! Many of the geocaches here in Ellensburg had several parts which each had to be solved in order by gathering clues at each cache. We didn’t attempt to do any of those. This cache was on campus at the ROTC dorms. It was a fun, easy find.
Tomorrow morning we head for Alder Lake, a Tacoma Power Park located on the southwest side of Mount Rainier. Thanks for reading my blog!
What a beautiful campus there at Central. We've never been to Ellensburg....just buzzed by on I-90 heading out somewhere. It sounds like a good place to make a stop in the future.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carol, for your assistance with getting me started with Live Writer. It helped a lot. Between what you told me and Rick's assistance, at least I can get things posted now.
Beautiful campus!! Love the architectural designs of the buildings. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHave fun guys!!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)