For an in depth review of our very interesting day today, please read Dave's blog. Please note that we were told to be very discreet about what we post about the Academy. We don’t want to endanger anyone who is there! On the other hand, we were told that we could take pictures of anything and everything at the Academy. So we did!
I’ve added the following pictures that go along with Dave’s blog about our visit to the Academy.
This was a great tour. I highly recommend it!
I took a look at your's and Dave's tour of the Academy on both blog's,wow what an improvement on what we had in 1971 at the MO HP Academy.The pit is an old military idea from the Marine Corp on getting your attention, really tough , In basic training we used to call it "Mickey Mouse Company" or "the Meat Grinder" but the life they are preparing for is tough at times. We have confidence and are praying for your son's completion of his training. Keep us posted on his progress and tell him the ole Sarge is rooting for him. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.
ReplyDeleteWhat an incredible place!! Sounds like very rigorous training (as it should be). Carol I know you and Dave are so proud of Jonathan and what he is about to go through. We wish him well and will keep him in our prayers for successful completion.
ReplyDeleteMike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com
Now I suppose that training sergeant was demonstrating that you never shoot an "unarmed" man!
ReplyDeleteGreat look into the academy for us, Carol. Thanks. Please be sure to keep us informed on Jonathan's progress as he goes through it.
ReplyDelete