Welcome to another new blog follower, Al, whose blog is Travel with the Bayfield Bunch. Al is an ace photographer and he has already given me some tips on how to improve my photographs. Now I just need to follow his advice. I am new to photography, and I have an uncomplicated basic camera, so I’m always surprised when my pictures turn out at all!
Dave and I bicycled along the Astoria waterfront this afternoon. Along the way, I stopped to take a few pictures.
This is the Maritime Museum, one of the highlights of Astoria. (That’s my bicycle in the picture.)
Astoria is slowly turning the old canneries into tourist destinations. The following photos are of Pier 39.
One of the popular tourist activities in Astoria is to take a ride on the Waterfront Trolley. That’s the bike/walking path on the left of the trolley.
Not all the buildings have been refurbished yet.
It’s always fun to see ships in Astoria. Four of these grain ships were all lined up on the Columbia River.
Here’s another interesting old building. We saw for sale signs and for lease signs on this one, the old Fisher Bros. Linen Thread Company.
Tomorrow we head for home, which is only a two hour drive. We’ll be back again to visit one of our favorite cities, Astoria, Oregon.
Thanks for visiting along with us!
I love to watch ships on a river, especially one as grand as the Columbia River. We enjoyed all the barges on the rivers in the mid-west this spring. Thanks for the nice trip to Astoria.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first got into digital photography about 9 years ago all's I had was a cheap little 1 megapixel camera I bought at a big box store in London. Didn't even have a good photo editing program at the time & wouldn't have known how to use it if I did. But, that cheap little camera was a start & with each simple little picture I began to gain a bit of confidence. I could see the potential in digital photography, so with that thought in mind I just kept taking pictures & popping them up on my computer screen & thinking to myself, now how can I improve these images. Keep taking those pictures Carol & keep popping them up on your screen......:))
ReplyDeleteHi Carol..as you know we just drove through Astoria on Friday..too bad we missed all the fun stuff you got to see...thanks for the tour..next time we will be sure to stay a bit longer!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Al, your pictures are great. Hey, we are all learning!! Isn't it fun??
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wonderful tour of the Astoria waterfront. I love to watch the big ships on the river. :-)
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
Terrific pictures, Carol. I don't have one of those fancy long lens cameras either. My camera is a simple point and shoot which I usually have set on Auto! The trick I think is to pick interesting subjects to take photos of and you are certainly doing that part well. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteYes, your pictures are a delightful way for us to revisit old haunts and to see new places. When you get into Picasa, you'll have so much fun tweaking your pictures, you may just sit at the computer for hours. Be sure Dave takes pictures of you sitting there having fun.
ReplyDelete