Help with Picasa, that is. Well, I probably need help in other areas, too, but that’s a topic for another day.
The other day I posted some sunset pictures. I edited them by using Picasa and they turned out okay. I wanted to put them into a slideshow but didn’t know how to do that and get it on Live Writer.
I have become a big fan of Live Writer, but I’m still learning to use it, too. I haven’t downloaded the new beta version of Live Writer because I barely know how to use the current version. Besides that, Dave always tells me to be wary of beta versions of any programs because the reason that it is the “beta” version is because it may still have bugs in it. Well, don’t programs sometimes have bugs in them even after the beta version is gone and the “real” version is out? But that’s a rant for another day.
Back to Picasa. I am slowly making my way through the Geeks on Tour videos. They provide a lot of information, but unfortunately, it’s not always the information that I need.
I know how to watch a slideshow of my photos in Picasa, but I don’t know how to export a slideshow (if export is even the correct word).
The other feature that I tried to use was Geo-Tag. I downloaded Google Earth and it came up okay and I found the location that I wanted to highlight, and I was able to Geo-tag the photos. But again, how do I get the map to load onto Live Writer?
The final area of Picasa that I need help is with is getting any edited pictures into Live Writer. I am slowly figuring this out, but the way I’m doing it seems cumbersome. I store my pictures in my computer’s C drive, not in Pictures. One of the Geeks’ videos said you don’t need to save Picasa files. Well, obviously I do need to save or export, or else I don’t know how to get the edited photos into Live Writer. I added the Picasa Link plug-in to Live Writer but that doesn’t work unless I’m online. The whole point of Live Writer is to be able to write a blog offline and then publish it later when I have an internet connection.
I did have a bit of success with Picasa. I created a collage of the sunset pictures. But I don’t like how they look in a collage.
I like my ocean collage a little better.
Today I feel very technologically-challenged. I want to make use of all this new technology, but it’s a struggle to learn it all!
You have already progressed farther than a lot of folks & you are on the right track. The struggling technical part is normal & I have to wrestle with that all the time too when it comes to new things. Rick is pretty good at doing tutorials & answering technical questions so hopefully he can help you question by question. I might be able to help a little if you have any photo questions at some point. Main thing is to keep at it & not give up. You already have some main pieces of the puzzle together & pretty soon you will be seeing the whole picture.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could help you Carol, but I haven't tried any of that either. YOu may want to check with Rick... he's very knowledgable.
ReplyDeleteTake care and good luck!
Mike & Gerri
Carol, as the "newfie" said when asked in St. John's about what's the best way to get down to the harbour: "well, first off, you wouldn't want to start from here"!!
ReplyDeleteI tend to feel the same way about your storing your pictures in the "C:" root directory instead of My Pictures! Why?
Even with that though, it's true that to apply edits to any Picasa photo you have changed you must either "Save" the photo to disk or "Export" it to a new folder which also incorporates the edits.
Once you do that, importing that photo into Live Writer is straight-forward. In LW, just click on the "picture icon" or "insert a picture", navigate to the photo you want to insert in your blog and double-click on it!
That's it. You have inserted images in Live Writer, including tonight's blog, so unless I'm misinterpreting your question, I'm a bit confused about what the actual problem is.
I enjoyed reading your post, but unfortunately cannot offer any real Help. I'm more lost about some of that stuff than you are, Carol. I keep plugging away on some stuff, and other stuff I have just decided to not worry about. My feeble brain can only handle so much techie stuff. Hope somebody will help you (and I know they will). Good luck.
ReplyDeletethis looks like an issue for Rick,Al or Randy!!..at least you got the collages done!!
ReplyDeleteJudy to embed a slideshow into Live Writer check out this link of instructions. It's pretty easy.
ReplyDeletehttp://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=66969
I also use www.Slide.com for some of my slides.
Good Luck - If you have any questions let me know and I can try and do a step by step for you.
I can't help you with your other questions.