Dave is refereeing a semi-pro football game in Portland tonight and I am hanging out here at home.
While we were in Lebanon during the holiday weekend, Dave and I found a few geocaches. We’ve been looking for the easy ones and we usually find them, but not always. One of them was supposed to be hidden at this old train depot which has been remodeled into offices. We searched all over but couldn’t find the geocache. Another cache was hidden on a trail at Waterloo County Park which is not too far from Mallard Creek Golf Course. Waterloo Park is always busy when we are there. The park recently added a disc golf course. The park offers several group day use areas as well as a camping area. Some of the sites have water and electric hookups, but no sewer.
This geocache was called Alley Cat because it was located in an alley.
This cache was located, of all places, near Safeway. It was a bird-themed cache and was located in a tree in a cleverly-disguised nest.
While we were in Brownsville, we saw this sign outside of a store. It took three tries, but I finally got a picture of it that I liked.
One of the hanging flower baskets that decorated the town of Brownsville.
What an enormous flower basket there in Brownsville. So pretty. You guys really do well searching out those caches! Great work!
ReplyDeleteRefereeing a semi-pro football game...wow that sounds exciting. I bet Dave really enjoys this type of work.
ReplyDeleteI really love that pic of the hanging basket in Brownsville. It is just beautiful. I have always loved flowers!! That is one thing I do miss about full-timing. I just don't have the room for many flowers/plants.
Congrats on finding all those caches. Mike and I have not gone geocaching in so long I might have to relearn how to do it. We just have to get back with it. :)
Take care!
Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com