Friday, July 30, 2010

Sunset from our Back Yard

Last night as Dave and I sat down to watch a bit of television, I happened to notice this view of the sky outside our back door.  I grabbed my camera (I’ve learned to keep it handy) and took these photos.IMG_6179 Our new neighbors to the west recently built a new fire pit and the smoke from their fire last night got included in these pictures of sunset.   The time was around 8:30pm and my camera was aimed toward the southwesterly sky.IMG_6180IMG_6181IMG_6182

Thanks for reading my blog, even when it’s a “nothing happening” day.  Well, the sunset happened, but that happens every day, whether we notice it or not!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty sunsets Carol!! I love sunsets!
    A couple nights ago Mike and I went back to the campground we were in before camp hosting began and just sat and enjoyed the most spectacular sunset. So tonight we went back WITH THE CAMERA and it wasn't so spectacular but still pretty. I've got to learn to keep that camera handy. :)

    Thanks for sharing the west coast sunset with us east coast folks! ha!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sunset photos! The smoke from the fire pit actually adds some to the overall effect of the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunsets are always a good subject for some great pics! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics Carol & keep that camera in your pocket at all times:))

    ReplyDelete