Wouldn’t it be nice if we all agreed about everything?
Wouldn’t it be nice if we never got hurt by another person?
Wouldn’t it be nice if WE never hurt another person?
Wouldn’t it be nice if others tolerated our right to free speech?
Wouldn’t it be nice if WE tolerated others in that same way?
But, alas, we live in a broken world. Things do not always go well. We have to learn to live in this broken world. We have to learn to try not to add to the brokenness of this world.
Isn’t it great when we can agree on things, such as the beauty of God’s creation?
Zion National Park, April 19, 2010
AMEN...What a beautiful world it would be...but just as it is...it is still a beautiful world!
ReplyDeleteGod's beauty abounds throughout this world. Many times it is not in the things we see, but also the ways God works in lives that also show His beauty.
ReplyDeleteSome can look at different scenery and just see the scenery, it's a blessing when we can see the beauty of God in it.
Take care and have a great day!
Mike & Gerri
I’ve received a few emails this morning suggesting I should read your current blog and I have. In the interests of free speech, I thought I’d comment.
ReplyDeleteIf by "tolerate," you mean that no one should voice any objections or complaints about your expressed views on politics and religion, then you are absolutely incorrect. Free speech goes both ways!
To tolerate does not mean to approve of or to accept. This means others, like me, have the right and freedom of “choice”. I have simply chosen to not advance or promote your opinions but I do support your absolute right to express them. No one is denying you that right, least of all me, you are after all still blogging.
It might be worthwhile if you would go back and read your Dr. Seuss poem again and ask yourself “Wouldn’t it be nice........ if folks didn’t use ridicule and mean spirited remarks to demean and denigrate others”?
Our beautiful world is certainly something we can all agree on every day that we are given the opportunity to wake up and appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteLoved the pics detailing this beauty.
nice photos today, Carol!..have a fabulous weekend!!!
ReplyDelete(Sorry, there was a typo in my previous comment, so I deleted it and reposted.)
ReplyDeleteWell, folks, if any one else reads these comments, please know that Rick and I have sent some private emails back and forth and we have both apologized and resolved the bad feelings. I never meant for anyone else to get caught in the cross-fire, but thank you to those who spoke up for me. Now we're letting it go and moving on!
yippeee!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's the BEST news I've heard all day!
ReplyDeleteOK Carol, on a totally different note, I couldn't pm you through blogger, so I thought I'd answer your question about my blog pictures here. I have not had the oportunity to try that panoramic stitch thing yet. All of my photos are how I've taken them. Not panoramas or wide angle lenses. :)
ReplyDelete