Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wifi and RedBox

Redbox_Kiosk

The other day when we went to McDonalds, we saw a steady stream of people using the Red Box DVD rental machine.  It made me think about how McDonalds has been able to draw people into its stores by offering that service. 

I haven’t used a Red Box yet, but if I were traveling full-time, and couldn’t use Netflix, I would be making use of Red Box, which can be found in a lot of grocery stores and big box stores.  I even saw a sign on the McDonald’s Red Box stating  that used DVDs could be purchased for $5.  I was also happy to see that they appear to offer family-friendly DVDs.

Now McDonald's is offering free wifi at many locations.  This is another timely marketing tool.  People are looking for wifi hotspots and will associate McDonalds with a place where they can use the internet and check email.

Wi-Fi_Logo_svg

And yes, we did see people eating there, too, not just renting and returning DVDs and using their computers!

mcdonalds

5 comments:

  1. I use the McDonald's wi-fi when I go to Fort Madison Iowa. as the campground doesn't have it. For the price of a coffee or Ice tea and sometime a small breakfast, they have sizzling hot wi-fi (54mbps).It is great to be able to check mail & make a blog post and the website says 11.000 Mac's have wi-fi.Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the WiFi at McDonald's when traveling in an area with bad AT&T service. It works well. Haven't used the Red Box yet, although I think it is a brilliant idea. Why couldn't we come up with something "big" like that? LOL

    Hopefully, we'll see you and Dave down in LB this weekend. They have a McDonald's in town. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hamburger, diet coke, a movie and a blog post..perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, so much history, a beautiful sunset at Cape Disappointment(?) and love that kite festival! So many kites in one place! I'd expect kite collisions.

    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete