Friday, August 13, 2010

2010 Version of Dr. Seuss

drsuess  

“I do not like this Uncle Sam,

  I do not like his health care scam..

  I do not like these dirty crooks,

  or how they lie and cook the books.

  I do not like when Congress steals,

  I do not like their secret deals.

  I do not like this speaker Nan ,

  I do not like this 'YES, WE CAN'.

  I do not like this spending spree---

  I'm smart, I know that nothing's free.

  I do not like your smug replies,

  when I complain about your lies.

  I do not like this kind of hope.

  I do not like it. nope, nope, nope!”

I looked on the internet to try and find who wrote the above take-off on Green Eggs and Ham.  I couldn’t find any information about the author. 

If you are interested in the latest news about fighting back against the healthcare bill,  you might want to read the following article about the recent vote in Missouri: Missouri Vote Repudiates Healthcare Law

Green-Eggs-and-Ham-2

6 comments:

  1. Well, that little political diatribe was enough for me to remove your blog from my list of blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new rendition of Green Eggs and Ham.
    I think we are in a bit of a mess!
    Take care....
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that this post offended some people. Sometimes I have to write about things that are on my mind and heart. We can't all agree when it comes to politics and religion. But I don't think I should have to censor my ideas just to please others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting poem. All the orginal Dr. Seuss stuff was always entertaining to both kids and adults alike.

    Free speech is one of our rights in this country and I think we all tend to exercise that right when the mood strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, I tried to comment earlier, but it didn't float - I'll try again now. We don't necessarily agree with everything in the "I do not like" quote, but you sure do have the right to agree with any and all of it. I am surprised at my good friend Rick's reaction. We've already told you we'll skip one of your posts with certain subject matter. But we follow you beca8se of your writing style, the variety of topics you write about, and the neat pictures. Sorry, Rick, you're going to miss a lot of good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, I read your post this morning..we are all entitled to our opinion..free speech..free country..I guess some subjects are taboo to some.
    have a great weekend..keep on bloggin!!1

    ReplyDelete