I’m writing this while sitting out at a picnic table at North Jetty. Behind me, up on a hill, is Cape Disappointment lighthouse. Why I am sitting outside, besides taking advantage of the sunshine and mild weather? It’s because this spot in the state park has two bars of cell service, which allows me to tether to my computer. I need the umbrella so I can see the screen.
Have you seen all those pictures of people using their computers outside or at the beach? How do they do that? I can’t see the screen if I’m outside. As it is, my face is reflected in the screen, and I don’t like looking at myself while I type. Oh well, at least I’m connected to the internet!
We talked to Jonathan yesterday. Since he put the news on his Facebook, I think I can put it on my blog. He made it into Trooper Basic! 21 out of the 54 cadets are moving on to Trooper Basic and the others will be employed as security officers. Those people can apply to get into Trooper Basic after they’ve been out in the field for a while.
Jonathan has two more weeks of the “arming” session and then 21 weeks of Trooper Basic. After that comes eight weeks under supervision in the field. Then…if he makes it…graduation at the state Capitol on March 16, 2011. His dream and career choice is coming true!
What a great place to be outside and work on your computer...the sounds of the ocean have to be awesome.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait...can't wait...only 3 more weeks now before we head to the coast...yeepee!
all in the name of a blogpost!!..your peeps are waiting!!!..good for you to improvise!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of your umbrella shade tree. Congrats to you for Johnathan's great news. It always makes a parent proud and excited as it should. Our wishes for his 21 week training and then on to where he is led to be.
ReplyDeleteTake care and keep the new shade tree.
Mike & Gerri
That is great news about Jonathon! Thanks for the info. Hope to see you Sunday!
ReplyDeleteWe have a couple Toshiba laptops & there is quite a differnce in screen technology between the older one & the newer one. Very hard to see the old one's screen outside while the newer Toshiba is much easier to work with. Good old basic training....takes me back to my bootcamp days in the Canadian Navy back in the mid 60's.
ReplyDeleteGood for Jonathon -- and good for you! We agree about sitting outside with the computer. WHile the air is lovely, I can never see the screen. Take that back -- several years ago I worked on a major project (family cookbook, I believe) while sitting at a picnic table, but it was in a nice tree-shaded campsite, And we also have a picture of Suzy using a computer outdoors at a similar picnic table in a similar shaded campsite. Maybe we had younger eyes in those days?!?!?
ReplyDeleteWhat wierd colors in that sunset. As for the umbrella, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. I can't see the computer screen outside either. :)
ReplyDelete