Saturday, August 28, 2010

Walking at Union High School

Dave and Tom walking ahead of Cheryl and I on the track.  They are faster than we are!IMG_6867

In order to encourage one of Dave’s fellow football officials, Dave and I have been walking with him and his wife at the track at Union High School which is near our house.  Steve had knee surgery a few weeks ago and is trying to get his knee back in shape in order to referee this season.  Some other friends from football, Tom and his wife, Cheryl, also joined the walking group.  They have become the unofficial leaders of the group, but we all try to walk together when we can. Tonight I took my camera along to take a few pictures.

IMG_6868-1

IMG_6869 

A pano of the eastern view from the track.  We walked at 7 pm tonight, so the sun was getting low. pano

5 comments:

  1. Amgela's been doing more walking now that it's getting cooler and I need to get off my back side and go with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to use the track for walking, and how nice to have someone to do it with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have started back with my walking...it has just been too hot here to do anything that requires energy.
    That looks like a really nice track!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking with someone else is always more fun than going by your self (at least for me). What good friends you are to help out your friend Dave.

    That is a beautiful track and stadium. We have a new stadium at our local high school but it is off limits for anyone to use outside of the school sports which is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking is such great exercise. I'm sure your friends greatly appreciate your support in walking with them and encouraging them. After knee surgery, movement is great therapy and helps the patient get full range of motion from the new joint.

    Nice post, Carol!

    ReplyDelete