Sunday, August 8, 2010

Portland’s International Rose Garden

IMG_6246 Yesterday Dave and three other guys drove to Yakima for a golf tournament.  Since I had the day free, I decided to practice my photography skills.  What better place to take pictures than the International Rose Garden at Washington Park in Portland, Oregon?IMG_6271

Everyone seemed to be out on the road yesterday.  I had traffic both going and coming back.  But the road stress was worth it because the rose garden was beautiful.  I wish I could load the smell of the roses into my blog.  Oops, better not, someone might be allergic. ;-)

IMG_6268

I had trouble choosing just a few photos for this blog, so you may be seeing more pictures in the future!IMG_6280 IMG_6293 IMG_6324 IMG_6338 IMG_6348 IMG_6384

8 comments:

  1. Carol great picture's, just beautiful flowers. have a great day. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice flower pics Carol & was glad to see you got down to the flower's level & got cozy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the third one from the bottom. I've always loved that color combination. Nice pics! What a great location for practicing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of the roses, Carol. I agree, it is hard sometimes to decide which photos to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures of flowers, and your photography practice is going very well. Love roses. A hundred years ago we had a small rose garden in front of the first home Suzy and I owned. Took a bunch of work, but they were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos...my favorite type of photo, or at least it seems they are my favorite since I ooooh and ahhhh mostly when I see good ones as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful camera work there, Carol. I really liked the orange one best. Terrific colors on all of the flowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Carol. I really like the last one. I love the purpley (is that a word?) with the cream color.

    Glad to finally have a few minutes to get caught up with you. Have a good time while Dave is off playing golf.

    ReplyDelete