I-5 bridge across the Columbia River
It’s hot in Vancouver, Washington, USA today. 101 degrees at 5:30 pm. We are finally experiencing some of the heat that the rest of the country has had all summer. Our heat wave has been with us since Friday and is supposed to be gone by Tuesday. We are planning on going to the coast next weekend and the temperatures are supposed to be down in the 50s. That’s a big difference!
Despite the heat, I was determined to practice my panorama photography skills. My camera does not have a panorama setting, so I have to use the AutoStitch software program. It’s a fabulous program and very easy to use, as Rick wrote about recently.
Vancouver’s Red Lion at the Quay amphitheater with bridge in background
Parking lot where Dave waited patiently in the car while I took pictures of the I-5 bridge
The Columbia River, east of the I-5 bridge
Statue of Sacajawea along the waterfront path (non-panorama)
If we can’t be out on the water on this hot day, the next best thing is to be able to look at the water and take pictures!
Hey Carol, we'll be over in Long Beach at the Pacific Holiday RV park this coming weekend. We're taking the girls out for another camping weekend. We'll be there Friday, Saturday, Sunday and leaving on Monday.
ReplyDeleteYour pics with autostitch are great. Looks like you've got the hang of it. Great subject matter also.
Great panorama shots, Carol, and a really good job with AutoStitch too. The nice thing about the AutoStitch software is that you don't really need a camera with a panorama mode, this program does it all for you.
ReplyDeleteWHile Dave was patiently waiting in the car, I hope he had the A/C turned on. Those temps can be awful inside a car! Your panoramas are coming out fine! I looked for any hint of a seam, found only a little shakiness in the powerlines atop the bridge in the first picture. COngratulations!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the AutoStitch program. I love the panorama shots. Now we have to learn how it is done. I don't think Mike has tried that yet.
ReplyDeleteMike & Gerri (happytrails)
Hope the heat wave eases up a little 101 is just to hot. Your pictures look really good looks like you have mastered the AutoStitch. I still need to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteI took my first photos that I hope to AutoStich on our trip to camp. Hope mine turn out as good as yours. They are great.
ReplyDelete