Tuesday, June 9, 2009
What a happy day! I now officially have permission to drive. It's been six weeks since my surgery. I met with the Kaiser dietician again and got some more questions answered. I am on a strict program of no more than 2-3 carbs (each carb is 15 grams) for each meal, along with 1-2 meat allotments and 1-2 fat allotments. Basically no food is a "bad" food, but it all has to fit into my dietary "budget". I also have to be aware to get the nutrition that I need. This program has been very workable for me and I will need to follow something similar for the rest of my life in order to have good control over my diabetes. I hope to continue to lose at least 1-2 pounds each week until I have lost what I need to lose, and then be able to maintain that weight for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment