Tonight Dave, Tim, and I participated in a focus group at Kaiser Sunnyside/Sunnybrook. Kaiser heart patients #2, #10, and #11 (me) and family members were invited to be part of the focus group. We answered questions about our whole experience of heart surgery. We were filmed and recorded while being viewed by 20 or more professionals who were in another room. The videotape will also be used for training purposes. It was a fun experience and some of the professionals commented that our insights were valuable to them.
I am starting to get busy again with CASA work. Wednesday night was the annual CASA recognition dinner, along with a training session about poverty, and this morning I attended another wraparound meeting for one of my cases. Both of my cases go to court on Tuesday, and I hope to be there but I'm not sure if I have enough stamina to sit in court all day. There's lots of work that needs to be done in both cases, and I'm trying to convince myself to jump right back into the work.
Driving is going well and it feels natural now. I'm still trying to limit my driving to local errands. I won't be taking any all day excursions for a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment