Tuesday, June 2, 2009

This morning we read in the newspaper about the new Steigerwald Lake walking path in Washougal which has a grand opening on June 14. We decided to go see if it was already open. No, it wasn't, so we explored and walked at the fairly-new William Clark Park at Cottonwood Beach which is along the dike path in Washougal. We had a nice walk with glimpses of the Columbia River through the trees. Once I am able to ride my bicycle again, we plan to bring the bikes to the dike trail and ride from there to Steigerwald Lake. We used to go on many fun bike rides around this area and it will be great to be able to do those again. In the meantime, I still can't drive, so it was nice of Dave to drive me over to Washougal and to walk with me.

I got word yesterday that I am officially off all insulin for good now. My blood sugars have been pretty good with the exception of an occasional anomally. I still have to take metformin pills for the diabetes. As of today, I am off the Lasix and potassium and the Pepcid pills. And now I only have to do my Pro-Time (blood thinner) tests once each week. So things are progressing in the right direction. I still get chest discomfort at night, but I can sleep in a regular bed now and I haven't had any more itching as long as I take a Zyrtec or a Benadryl pill before I go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Carol,
    You've posted lots of blogs that I missed. It was due to John's condition, then that sick day I had...I got out of the rhythm of it. Now I'm all caught up again.
    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete