Friday, April 2, 2010

Wind Warning

I happened to be reading rv.net yesterday afternoon and noticed that someone had posted a wind warning for the Oregon and southern Washington coastal areas.  I looked at the weather report on Yahoo and saw a severe weather warning.  Due to predicted wind gusts of up to 80 mph, we made a quick decision to leave Cape Disappointment last night instead of waiting until this morning.  We ate a quick dinner and left the park a little before 6 pm. 

I stopped in at the ranger station to let them know that we had vacated our sites (Charlie and Pam left early also).  I was so surprised when the ranger said that we were entitled to a refund since we left early because of the wind warning.  The refund needs to be mailed to us from the state park headquarters in Olympia, so we'll see if we ever get that check.

We didn't have much wind on the drive home and arrived home last night around 9 pm. Since we drove south the last hour on I-5, it didn't matter as much that it was dark since we know that road well.  We unpacked a few essentials and saved the rest of the unloading until today. 

We didn't get to have a campfire last night, but it would have been too windy at the park to have one.  We enjoyed a fire on Tuesday night and on Wednesday night.  Pam supplied the marshmallows.
Dave's excellent fire at our campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment