Saturday, April 24, 2010

Arrival in Las Vegas

Dave wrote about our trip from Zion River RV Resort to Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort, so I won't repeat what he wrote.  We only drove 165 miles today, and gained an hour back because Las Vegas is on Pacific Time.  We were in three states today: Utah, Arizona, and Nevada, all on Interstate I-15. 

After an exciting dinner of leftovers in the RV, we drove to The Strip.  We drove up as far as Fremont Street, took a look from the car at the Fremont Experience and decided it was way too loud for us to experience, and that was with the car windows closed.  We headed back from downtown towards the strip again and now it was totally dark, except for all the neon lights.  I like the following shot of the 3/4 moon over the palm trees.  I had forgotten that Las Vegas has so many palm trees.  All these pictures were taken during the car ride.

Moon over the palm trees

Another shot of the moon.  Sorry, I don't remember which hotel this is.

The Bellagio

The fountains at the Bellagio

Paris and Planet Hollywood

A shot of the traffic.  It took us 1 1/2 hours to do the drive. 

Las Vegas is the antithesis of the beauty and serenity of Zion National Park, and not part of the Grand Circle tour, but I am happy that we are able to spend a few days in both places. 

1 comment:

  1. One thing to add about the sound at the Freemont experience....the reason it was so loud was that the entire sound system on Freemont street has 250,000 watts of power...fortunately, not all in one speaker! (though it sure sounds like it!)
    -Dave

    ReplyDelete