Monday, April 12, 2010

Columbia River Gorge and Wildhorse Casino RV Park, Pendleton, Oregon

We were able to leave home around 1:30pm and arrived at Wildhorse Casino RV park around 5:30pm.  The casino is located off I-84 about 4 miles east of Pendleton.  We used a Good Sam discount and paid $27 for a 50-amp, full-hookup site.  This park has good free wifi and good Verizon cell service. 

We woke up to rain this morning at home, but during the morning the rain dried up and the sun came out.  We had a nice, uneventful drive with no wind.  It's about 8:30 pm and the outside temperature is 59 degrees.

The casino had a good-looking buffet, so we ate there using the senior discount which counts anyone 50 or over as a senior.  As usual with buffets, I ate a bit too much, especially the yummy, bite-sized creme puffs. 

This casino has a beautiful 18-hole championship golf course which Dave played the last time we stayed here.  We'll definitely stay here again, especially this time of the year when it's not crowded and not hot. 

Even though we are fairly near the freeway, it's very quiet at this park.  Click here to view the Wildhorse Casino website.

Heading east on I-84 in the beautiful Columbia Gorge area.

A view of the Columbia River.  As we head east, the evergreen trees begin to disappear.
Another view of the Columbia River.  The weather is clearing and the river is glassy.
The Dalles dam
Wind turbines across the river near Maryhill, Washington.
 
The John Day dam
Our rig at site #75 at Wildhorse Resort and Casino RV Park.
Sunset at Wildhorse Casino
See Dave's blog at http://refereedave.blogspot.com/ for another picture of the sunset.

2 comments:

  1. Carol & Dave,

    I was thinking about you two last night before I went to bed and enjoyed reading your post to date. Dave told me about your trip and I am very excited for you. I too love adventure and have a gypsy spirit that urges me to see the world as God has given it to us.
    My mom's family is from Utah and my grandmother lived in Moab, Utah for many years. It is great if you like rock formations with wild shapes and vivid color.

    Warm regards,

    John Bardin


    Adventure is not outside man; it is within.

    David Grayson
    1870-1946, American Journalist and Writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Carol. That casino park sounds great. We'll have to mark that on our list as we travel I-84 from time to time. Have fun!

    Safe travels and enjoy the view from the beautiful Bounder!!

    ReplyDelete