Wednesday, April 7, 2010

America the Beautiful Pass

Another preparation we made for our trip was to buy an America the Beautiful Pass.  I bought the pass at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site.  We paid $80 for the card which will be good until the end of January, 2011.  As well as being able to use it to get into national parks, it's also good for other federal and Corps of Engineering entry fees.

In September, Dave will turn 62, and will be eligible to get an America the Beautiful Senior Pass.  That pass is a bargain at $10 for lifetime usage.  I won't be 62 for a few more years, so this is one time I'm glad that I married an "older man".  :-)

People that are permanently disabled are able to get a free pass:

And national park volunteers with 500 hours of service are eligible for a free pass, also:

No comments:

Post a Comment