Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort Review

Before I begin my review of the RV park, I want to acknowledge that this is the 1st anniversary of my open heart surgery to replace my aortic heart valve.  Yes, it was April 28, 2009, when I had the surgery.  The surgery took about five hours and Dave and Tim, who were in the surgery waiting room, were relieved when they found out that I was off the heart-lung machine and doing well.  I don't remember that part!  The recovery from that type of surgery is rough and it took many days before I felt comfortable and many more days before I could manage to sleep in any position I wanted.  But now I am all healed and I feel great.  Once again, I give thanks to God for bringing me through the ordeal and also thanks to my family and friends for standing fast with me during that difficult time.

This used to be an Outdoor Resorts park.

A year later, here we are on a six-week tour of National Parks and fun places like Las Vegas.  I read the reviews of the RV parks in Las Vegas online at a great website called RV Park Reviews.  I looked at the website of Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort and thought that the place looked nice, but I couldn't find any rates, so I assumed it was way out of our league.  I called the resort and found out that they had standard (cheapest) sites starting at $49/night.  We decided to take a chance and reserved four nights.  The reservation went smoothly and the clerk was very informative, friendly, and efficient.

When we arrived, we checked in at this lovely building.  Again, the clerk was efficient and welcoming, which set the tone for the rest of our stay at this resort park.

We were escorted to our site, where we could have gotten amenities like a BBQ and table and chairs for about $5 more per night.  And for $20 or $40 more per night we could have gotten a prime location, overlooking the pool or golf course.  No thanks, we'll take the cheapest site, thank you very much.

Site 112, one of the "cheap" standard sites

What we like about this park is that the wifi works extremely well and is included in the price.  Our Verizon cell phones work well since we are in the city.  Of course, we have full hookups with 50 amp power.  The cable TV is excellent with many channels.  Garbage is picked up every day in front of our site.  The amenities of this park are great:  1 main swimming pool and 4 ancillary swimming pools with showers and laundry area.  Wide, paved streets for the motorhome which are also good for bicycling, a 9-hole, well-maintained golf putting course (lighted), and two lighted tennis courts.  In addition they have an excellent work-out room with sauna, and a large dining/meeting room with stage.

Security gates going into and out of the park.  A friendly attendant was present every time we came in or out.

The main swimming pool with 3 jacuzzis and lots of tables and lounge chairs.

The clubhouse with large meeting room, stage, restrooms and showers, and exercise room.  A group barbecue area with tables and chairs is located on the other side of the pool fence.  The pool was very uncrowded while we were there and most of the time we were the only ones using it.

The exercise room and sauna in the clubhouse.

The pristine 9-hole lighted putting course.

One of two lighted tennis courts.

The park is located about 4 miles from The Strip, but in a quiet location that is near near shopping.  There's a diner onsite which is open for breakfast and lunch.  The park has 24-hour security with gates, so the park feels very safe despite being in Las Vegas.  This park is meticulously maintained.  Only Class A motorhomes over 25 feet in length are allowed in this park, but age of the coach doesn't seem to be a factor as long as it is presentable and well-maintained. 

Many of the sites here are owned by RVers and the sites have been improved according to the taste of the owners.  Many of them contain palapa style umbrellas, with built-in barbecues, wet bars, refrigerators, and even fireplaces, as well as comfortable tables and chairs.  Many of the owners travel throughout the park by golf cart.  It was amusing to see several golf parks parked at someone's site when they were entertaining at their improved patio area.

An improved site with palapa.
Another improved site.

This park isn't for everyone as it is truly a resort, not a campground.  We felt like we were on vacation while we were here, and we made good use of all the amenities.  Despite the fact that many sites are owned, everyone we met was friendly and we didn't feel like second-class citizens while we were here or because our coach was one of the least expensive ones in the park.  We look forward to returning to this park!

4 comments:

  1. First, let me congratulate you on your one year anniversary from open heart surgery. What a blessing and praise the Lord!

    Thanks for the great review of the RV Resort where you are staying. It is just beautiful and from the looks of the pictures well worth the price. Thanks for the great information for future reference. :)

    Take care,
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Heart Repair Surgery! What a milestone!

    All your photos of Las Vegas hotels reflects quite the review of Western Civilization's art and architecture. I think one could get a good review there, just going through all the cultural offerings of the hotels.

    That's good news about Jonathan finishing yet another hurdle on the road to becoming a High-way Patroler.

    I'm glad you were careful not to attempt travels through the big wind down your way.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy one year anniversary on your successful heart surgery outcome. God is good, all the time! I am so happy to know that you are doing so well and now able to enjoy your RV lifestyle.

    That park in L.V. looks fantastic. That exercise room alone is a big draw! How wonderful it would be to have that right in a park. Enjoy your stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jackie, Margie, and Mike and Gerri for your congratulations about the one year anniversary of my heart surgery. Also, a big thank you for being faithful readers of my blog. It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete