Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tonight is the Freedom Bowl Classic football game, sponsored by the Shriners. Dave is one of the referees at the game, which will be held at Kiggins Bowl. This morning we went for a bike ride around our neighborhood.

Last night we watched a Netflix DVD called "The Family Man". It stars Nicholas Cage and was made in 2000. It's a predictable, happy-ending movie which we had seen before, but we enjoyed it anyway. I'm also enjoying a BBC series which my friend, Jackie, recommended, called "House of Eliott".

I'm reading Lisa See's new book, Shanghai Girls. The story begins in 1937 in Shanghai. So far I'm enjoying the book.

2 comments:

  1. How are your lobes doing? Does it bother you to wear earrings against the pillow? What does Dave think of all this? John always thought it would be convenient to have the opportunity to buy me earring if my ears were pierced.

    JackieB

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Carol,
    Hope you had fun at the game last night. Hope your ears are not too sore. I don't really wear earings anymore, but when I did it was fun. Of course I had 4 sets done, but currently can only get earrings through 3. I do still wear earings for special ocassions. How is your book going? My friend got me a book on Jane Austen & Crime. Talks about the crime in her novels and the symbolism. Learning alot, things were very different in the Georgian age than now. Hope you have a nice and relaxing Sunday.
    jenny, john & dakota

    ReplyDelete