Thursday, July 30, 2009

Once again, our air conditioner stopped working this morning. After Dave got home from golf, he reset the breaker and it started working again. Now it is cool inside our house again. What will tomorrow bring? When we lived in Camas a few years ago, we didn't have air conditioning and we collected a supply of fans. Those fans are coming in handy during this heat wave.

Have any of you seen the new HBO series "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency"? I've only seen two episodes when HBO was running a preview weekend, but I have read most of the books and enjoyed seeing the characters and scenes of Botswana come alive on the screen. I just finished reading the newest book in this series by Alexander McCall Smith, which was Tea Time for the Traditionally Built. It was a quick, heart-warming read. I like books that give me a glimpse into another culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment