Monday, February 14, 2011

A Rainy Valentine's Day at the Beach

heart

Happy Valentine's Day!  Dave and I went out for lunch at Fin's at the beach.  The restaurant's decor was cute with tiki unbrellas and a Polynesian theme.  We ate inside instead of on the patio because it's RAINING here today.  Yes, this is only the second day that is has rained since we have been here.  Reluctantly, we will leave Pismo Beach on Friday morning to head towards home.

Today's  blog pictures were taken at Montana del Oro State Beach on February 5.  The park is located six miles south of Morro Bay.IMG_8845

After an enjoyable lunch out in honor of Valentine's Day, we drove to San Luis Obispo to get some maps of the California central coast area at AAA.  This trip may be almost over, but we are planning on coming back as snowbirds next winter. 

Sunday was a beautiful day and Dave and I found a tennis court where we tried to play pickle ball.  Unfortunately, after just a couple of volleys with the paddle, the carpal tunnel in my right hand protested.  We cut short our great pickle ball plans.  Boo hoo.  :(  I am a big fan of pickle ball would be sad if I can't play it again.  At least we know where the tennis courts are now--six at the high school and four more at a sports complex, as well as a couple along Highway 1.  This area doesn't seem to have dedicated pickle ball courts like we found in St. George, Utah last spring. 

IMG_8848-1

I'm adjusting well to using my Nook Color.  I have finished several of the library books that I loaded onto it.  I've also learned to use the web features of the Nook, which work as long as I have wifi. 

We heard from our younger son, Jonathan, today and he is doing well in his eight-week field assignment and is half done with it already.  I can't say on my blog where he is or what he's doing, so if you are interested, email me.  Elder son, Tim, and wife Kiersten are doing great, also, and are looking forward to the last six weeks or so of pregnancy. 

IMG_8851-1

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics...what is pickle ball -- have never heard of it. How long will you be home before your next adventure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would really be hard to leave a beautiful beach! Enjoy the last few days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Too bad you have to leave but maybe the rain will make it easier. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, all good times must come to an end at some point. Thanks for sharing your time spent there.

    Safe Travels on your trip back home.

    ReplyDelete