Thursday, February 17, 2011

Last day at Pismo Coast Village :(

As Dave mentioned in his blog, I did some last minute shopping this afternoon, stocking up for the trip home.  I also discovered the Pismo Beach Prime Outlets.  As usual with outlet stores, I didn't see too many bargains.  Unlike most outlet stores, these stores were not crowded and I could park right in front of the stores.  I didn't care about all the clothing stores, but I did have to explore Oshkosh B'Gosh and Gymboree.  I skipped Carter's, but I'll check that one out next time we're here.  What self-respecting grandma-to-be could resist those childrens' shops?  I found a few things on sale, too.  Our granddaughter is going to be well-dressed, at least for her first few months!

I discovered a new grocery store, Scolari's, located near the outlet mall along Highway 101.  It was a bit high-priced, but all the grocery stores seem to have higher prices than my favorite store at home, Winco.  No Super Walmarts are located on the California Central Coast, just regular Walmarts.  This area also has Vons, which seems to be like a Safeway, in any case they carried Select brands and my Safeway card worked there, Albertson's, and Ralphs-Pretty-Good-Grocery.  I didn't visit Ralphs this trip. 

I finally saw a red-headed woodpecker at Los Alamos Park (oops, make that an acorn woodpecker--thanks, Judy)IMG_9015

As Dave also mentioned, it's a blustery day here today.  I'm somewhat relieved that it's not 75 and sunny because it will make it easier to leave tomorrow morning. 

Morro Rock in the distance as seen from our drive along See CanyonIMG_9020-1

Dave and I talked to the PCV office manager this morning just to make sure we knew how many of our 45 days we had used and how many prime/non prime days we have left.  The nice thing is each prime days can be traded for two non-prime days.  We have 18 prime days left which can be traded for 36 non-prime days, that is if we don't need to use up any of our prime days.  Weekends in February are prime time, so we used up six of them while we were here.  Because we live fairly far away, and gas prices have rocketed here in California, we may not be able to use up the rest of our days this year.  Unfortunately, the days won't carry over to next year. 

The following pictures are scenes from our walk around Avila Beach yesterday.  We had lunch at Old Port Inn, which is located on one of Avila Beach's three piers.IMG_9021

IMG_9023

IMG_9024

IMG_9027

IMG_9030

Good-bye, Pismo Beach, and the surround area.  We'll be back, God willing!

8 comments:

  1. I hate to burst your bubble, but that's an Acorn Woodpecker, not a Red-Headed Woodpecker. I sure would like to see an Acorn Woodpecker! :) It would be a life bird for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction, Judy. I defer to the Bird Lady of Blogland! All I know is that it had red on its head and I enjoyed seeing it. There were several there that day, but they were all a bit camera-shy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have safe travels going home. Once you see that new grand baby, you'll forget all about Pismo Beach LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it's a good trip home! You can tie up a few things here, meet the baby, and maybe be back at your home-away-from home before you know it! Then we can start tracking you on the Grandma map!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are already heading home!..where has the time gone??..have a safe journey as you head north!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the tour of Avila Beach..great pics.
    I bet you can't wait to be grandmother to a lovely granddaughter. She a prime candidate for spoiling.

    ReplyDelete