Monday, February 21, 2011

New Followers

Welcome to the following new blog followers.  Thanks for tuning in!  Click on each name to read their blogs.

Kate and Terry--Travels in Cholula Red

Erik's RV Blog

Sprocket (couldn't find a blog)

BlessOurVoyage--Tales of the McMillans' Travels

Cruzin2some

Jeff and Sheryl Bright

99% of my blog readers are fellow RVers, many of whom live full-time in their RVs or are preparing to live full-time in their RVs.  A few are part-timers like we are.  We all seem to like to follow each others' travels, and from there we become friends, even though many of us have never met each other.  It's a treat when we get to meet fellow blog followers and we always seem to have much to talk about. 

For those of you who read my blog and are not an RVer, I thank you and appreciate you, too.  Keep on reading, please!

Dave and I arrived home about 12:30 this afternoon.  We had good weather the whole trip, other than a little bit of fog when we first started out.  After we unloaded the motorhome, Dave had to winterize it because it's supposed to be cold (mid-20s) here later this week.  We have an appointment to have the motorhome's Norcold refrigerator fixed, although it behaved itself on the way home after Dave unplugged the temperature sensor, so maybe that's the only thing wrong with it. 

I forgot to mention in my blog yesterday that while we were in Corning, CA, I visited the Olive Pit.  Dave doesn't like olives so he didn't go on this field trip with me.  I enjoyed their olive tasting bar, and bought a jar of almond-stuffed olives.  Those and the mushroom olives were my favorites.  I'm not a hot, spicy person, that is, my taste buds aren't, so the most daring olive I tried was the garlic olive.  Notice that I didn't buy that one.  It's a fun store with a small cafe.  There is plenty of RV parking in back of the store, so don't be shy about stopping there when you are traveling on I-5.

Olive Pit logo

There was also an olive oil place near the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield, CA, but we didn't stop there, so I can't tell you anything about it.    We saw the sign for it, though.  Does that count?  Also, one of the friendly Longaberger basket people recommended it, so it must be good!

6 comments:

  1. welcome home Dave and Carol!!..glad you had a great holiday and a safe journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good trip and arrived home safely. Good luck with that refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do taste buds know? I figured you were a hot spicy person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and Dave made it home okay. We were going to get olives and got so excited to be on our way that we forgot! Oh well, there will be other trips I am sure. Still enjoying the Jelly Bellys - I think of you guys everytime I pop one of those yummies in my mouth. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are home safe & sound...look forward to more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your trip ended well. The Brights' do have a blog. It is listed on my site, if you wish to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete