After having a mobile RV service technician come to our motorhome yesterday to diagnose the problem with our refrigerator not cooling, we were really panicked about possible remedies. The young technician was full of doom and gloom which didn't give us much hope.
This morning we had to take pack everything up and take the motorhome across the street to the service repair place to get a better diagnostic done. We weren't off to a very good start when our appointment got put back from 9 am to 11 am. As we waited for 11 am to roll around, different scenarios went through our mind. Would an expensive cooling unit have to be ordered and then installed? Would we have to leave Pismo Beach earlier than planned. How would we handle the lack of refrigeration?
After dropping of the motorhome, we came back to the RV park and hung out in the clubhouse. We had just gone out for a quick lunch, when Dave got the call that the service manager wanted him to come back so that he could talk to him. Uh oh, we thought, if it was good news they would have told us over the phone.
Well, it turned out to be good news, after all. The cooling unit was working. How did that happen? Was this just Norcold trying to get out of replacing the $2100 part? No, it appears that driving the the motorhome jiggled the cooling coils enought to get them working again. So is this good news or bad news?
We are looking at it as good news, but we are still skeptical that something more may be wrong. We were told to turn of the fridge for about eight hours every month in order to let the "bubble" come out of the coils. Well, we hadn't been doing that and the refrigerator has worked just fine until now. So time will tell if this easy solution is an adequate solution.
But for tonight, anyway, we have cold food and we're not using any dry ice!
Did you know that it's hard to find a clip art picture of dry ice? :)
probably pretty difficult..good job on the picture of the dry ice!..glad the fridge is working again!..intersting about the bubble issue!!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to take that as a challenge -- I have a huge book of clip art -- takes up about 20 disks. I believe it has 800,000 images to choose from, and sometimes I still can't find what I'm looking for. And when I go on-line for images, I often find a good one, but they want beaucoup $$ for it, so that's out. Me? I'm cheap!
ReplyDeleteThe only clip art I know about is my calendar that I clip onto the refrigerator! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad that is all it is. If your unit isn't self defrosting, you probably have to turn it off anyway, so hope it won't be a big hassle for you.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever need FREE clipart just go to the Microsoft page. They have LOTS including animations and audio clips...easy to search and download. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/ Just type in what you want to find and they usually have it. Great news about the frig.
ReplyDelete