Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hallelujah Chorus

Want to see something that made me cry?  Tears of joy, that is.  This YouTube is five minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

When I was in college, our school performed Handel's Messiah every December.  What was different about this was that the entire school participated, well, those that wanted to, anyway.  Some of the students were music majors, but the vast majority of us were not.  Yet, we all came together for these performances.

My first year I didn't know the music or what was going on, but I gamely participated.  Years 2, 3, and 4, I knew what was coming and greatly looked forward to the practices and performances.  What a special piece of music...anytime, anyplace!  Thank you, Mr. Handel.

Messiah music

6 comments:

  1. it is a tear jerker that is for sure!!..what a great thing it would have been to particpate in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks, Carol, that was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Tears in eyes and everything! Now back to cooking breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise to God. This is too hard to describe. Just amazing!! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Listening to that brings tears to my eyes. How great and loving our God is..Praise His Holy Name!

    ReplyDelete