Dave and I left Corning, CA at 8:30 this morning. We tried to time it so that we would be traveling through the Siskiyou Mountains around noon or after. I'm happy to report that we had dry roads the entire trip north to Canyonville, OR.
Near Weed, CA, we saw a patch of blue sky--always a good sight!
A little further along, still in California, we came upon an area where the fields were frosty, but the road was clear.
Mount Shasta from the motorhome side window
A hay stack advertising the State of Jefferson, where the folks want to secede from California
Welcome back to Oregon! More blue sky
And interesting clouds
Snow along the side of the road near Mt. Ashland
One of my favorite rest areas along I-5 in Oregon--Valley of the Rogue State Park
Home, sweet home for tonight--Seven Feathers RV Park in Canyonville, Oregon
The view of the mountains and trees is one of the things we like about this park.
And the facilities are first-class
Tomorrow, God willing, we will arrive home, a few days ahead of schedule. Because of the good weather along I-5, we did not have to drive home along the coast, which saved a few days.
I like that pic of the frosty trees and fields. Glad the roads were good for you today. I wouldn't want to do those mountains in bad weather. :)
ReplyDeletegreat windshield shots today!..that looks like a very nice park you are staying at!!!..one more day and it will be home again for you!!..drive safely tomorrow!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great Park, and lots of beautiful pictures today. Happy travels.
ReplyDelete