Saturday, December 11, 2010

CASA in Placerville and Travel to Pismo Beach

We made it to Pismo Beach today!  See Dave's blog for the full story of our ten day stay at DeMartini RV while we got several motorhome repairs done.  Everything is fixed (we hope) and we left Grass Valley at 7:30 am this morning and arrived at Pismo Coast Village by 3:30 pm.  This is the park where Margie and Bruce were stockholders and were staying when they were killed.  It's bittersweet being here and, of course, we are thinking of them.

In the meantime, while we settle into the Pismo Beach area, I'll share another sight we saw during our walk along Placerville's historic main street, which was the following sign for their local CASA branch.  I occasionally see this national CASA symbol of arms raised to form a heart during our travels.  It always warms my heart to see that CASA is active in these towns.IMG_7865 IMG_7866

My own CASA volunteer work has been on hold lately.  I fininished up a three year case in October, and haven't taken on a new case yet.  I got a little burned out while working on such a long case.  In addition, I knew we would be doing a lot of traveling this fall and winter, and it's hard to do a good job advocating for children when I'm not home to do the interviewing, attend court dates, etc.

Festive banners displayed in PlacervilleIMG_7850

Now if they would just say "Merry Christmas"!

4 comments:

  1. what a bittersweet visit!..if only things were different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a melancholy place to stop...:( Make the best of your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you 100% on the "Merry Christmas". It is a bittersweet place, but hope you enjoy your stay. They sure loved that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a "Christmas" concert in our park's club house Saturday night -- mostly "White Christmas" and a bunch of cutesy nothing songs. We longed for a good old Silent Night, God Rest Ye Merry, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear." But we have a rule that no religious anything can take place at a Co-op 'sponsored" event. On Dec. 23, there is supposed to be a Christmas sing-along. We wanna find out if Christ will be invited to that before we go!

    ReplyDelete