Welcome to my new blog follower, Pidge, who writes a blog called The Frugal Travelers.
Tonight I have big news to share. Our son and daughter-in-law, Tim and Kiersten, are expecting a baby, and it's due April 10, 2011. Actually, we've known since mid-August, but we were sworn to secrecy until the first trimester was over and until Kiersten's extended family could be told in person.
This will be Dave's and my first grandchild. It's exciting! We're happy that Tim and Kiersten only live 45 minutes away from us.
You can see a link to Kiersten's blog among the links the blogs that I follow. She has been writing blogs during each week of the pregnancy, but she saved them all to post today.
Tim and Kiersten celebrated their sixth anniversary this summer and are both accomplished young people. We are happy that now it's time to make us grandparents-to-be!
Congratulation grandama and grandpa we are happy for you. I think you will enjoy it.
ReplyDeletecongratulations!!..how exciting for you and Dave!!!..and the happy couple, of course!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Grandkids are the best and that's wonderful that they don't live to far away so you will be able to really enjoy him or her.
ReplyDeleteA very heart felt congratulations to you and Dave. Of course congrats to Tim & Kiersten. We are so happy for you. We have not experienced that joy yet so can only imagine the excitement and the ability to be near so you can be a part of that. No sight is this country cold be better than that!
ReplyDeleteTake care and again our sincerest congratulations.
Mike & Gerri
Congratulations to all, Being a Grandparent is the most wonderful part of life in my opinion, you will love spoiling a grandchild. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! First time grandparents...wow...you will certainly have many blogs to write.
ReplyDeleteThis IS BIG NEWS!!! Congrats to the Mommy and Daddy to be and also to you and Dave. Your world will never be the same again. (in a good way) You probably already knew that though. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this news.
Carol, I'd say congratulations to you and Dave, but I image neither of you had a lot to do with it! It's Kirsten and Tim who are to be congratulated, but you can sure be proud of the whole situation! Soon you'll probably be great-grandparents. Or it will sure seem soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice post, Mom! We are very excited and glad that the secret is no longer secret! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks for the shout out. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteDon't know if my first comment got lost or not. If it did, I want to re-do it.
ReplyDeleteMy sincerest congratulations to you and Dave on being expectant grands, and to Tim & Kiersten for expectant parents. I think it is soooo great. I know you are glad you are in the area o share the time and to enjoy being grands.
Again, congrats and take care.
Mike & Gerri
How exciting! Congratulations to all of you.
ReplyDeleteSending our hugs to Tim and Kiersten for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
You must be beside yourselves! Grandparents for the first time?! Priceless.
Looking forward to the updates along the way.
Thanks for sharing the news with us!
{{hugs}}
I posted a comment here and it never showed up. Hmmmm. It is out in cyberspace someplace.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I was leaving a message of best wishes and congratulations to all of you! This is BIG NEWS for sure.