Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Netflix

Netflixenvelope

Netflix is a great business idea which has really taken off.  I subscribe to the most basic account, which offers one DVD at a time.  My “queue” contains hundreds of titles, because every time I hear of a movie, either old or new, that I want to watch, I click on Netflix and add the movie. 

Netflix is adding more and more titles to the list that is available to watch “instantly”.  You don’t have to wait until you get the DVD in the mail.  Watching instantly is only possible if you have a fast internet connection. 

I recently learned that Netflix accounts can be put on hold indefinitely.  This spring, when we traveled for six weeks, I put my account on hold.  DVDs did not arrive in my mailbox during that time and my account was not charged during that time.  I haven’t had time to watch DVDs all summer, so I keep putting my account on hold.  In the meantime, it still keeps track of all the DVDs I want to get in the future.  It’s a handy feature!

clip_image002_thumb6

1 comment:

  1. Our kids subscribe to Netflix and love it. I think it is an awesome (yes...awesome) program. My daughter and SIL enjoy watching some of the old TV series from the 80's like Dallas. So which one is your favorite movie?

    ReplyDelete