Tonight Dave drove 80 miles each way to referee his varsity game at White Salmon, WA. It was a crisp, fall evening. Cheryl and I walked around the track, as usual, and didn’t have to perform any good deeds this week.
Earlier today, Dave and I toured Messiah's Mansion, a full-scale replica of the wilderness temple built by Moses and the Israelites. The model was built to fit the description of the plans given by God to Moses after he led the Israelites out of Egypt.
The exhibit was erected on the grounds of an Adventist school.
The temple replica has been touring the country each year since 2003, and has been in Portland, OR, for nine days. After Portland, the exhibit moves to Florence, OR, and then on to Oroville, CA, with the last stop of the 2010 tour to be held in Larned, KS.
We arrived a half hour early for the first tour of the day at 1 pm. There was no admission charge. We sat in chairs while we waited, and then our group moved from station to station of the exhibit. We sat in chairs to view each area and stayed in each for about 15 minutes. The total tour took about 75 minutes.
We learned about each part of the temple, including an overview diorama, the courtyard, the Holy of Holies, and the ark of the covenant. Each area contained replica symbols of historical temples of old, and we were told about the meanings of the symbols. The gospel message of Jesus’ death and resurrection was woven into each area.
I am including the information about each of the stations which I found on the tabernacle website, followed by a photo that I took at each of the five stations.
The tour was well worth our time, and I’m glad we were able to see this exhibit before it leaves Portland on Sunday.
Neat! What a fine thing to see, and it didn't look like it was at all preachy! But very informative. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteCarol, you find the most interesting things sometimes. You must keep on the lookout pretty well much of the time! Nice going. Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteA very neat days tour. I can only imagine your feelings at each station, knowing the history of that time of Moses. Faith is what God wants from us, but it always makes thins real to see and touch histroy....even if it is replica.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Mike & Gerri