Here I go again. I am not trying to offend anyone. I hope I don’t offend anyone.
Ever since Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” events last weekend, my brain and emotions have been working overtime. Let me say up front, I am not a Glenn Beck groupie. However, I am a both a fiscal and social conservative.
I did not watch Glenn Beck’s rally on Saturday, but I saw his show on Monday where he shared highlights of the weekend events. What I saw disturbed me. I wanted to like what I heard, but I didn’t like it.
If you are interested in this topic, you might be interested in reading the following two articles. I chose these two out of many internet articles because I thought these two summarized the objections to the rally the best. Both of these men happen to be prominent Baptists. I am not a Baptist, but I agree with them on this topic.
Russell Moore:
http://www.russellmoore.com/2010/08/29/god-the-gospel-and-glenn-beck/
Albert Mohler, Jr.:
If you are not interested in this topic, then please ignore this post and, as the late Gilda Radner’s character, Emily Litella, on Saturday Night Live would have said, “Never Mind!”
Nope, not gonna touch this one with a 10 foot pole Carol............
ReplyDeleteWell, Carol -- you didn't offend us, because we don't get into these deals -- so not to worry! Appreciated the clip from Gilda and Chevvy -- we also appreciate violins but decry violence -- on TV or elsewhere!
ReplyDeleteCarol, your blog should not offend anyone because all they have to do is click out of it and move on to the next if they don't want to read it. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved Gilda Radner. I use her words, "It's Always Something" frequently because it applies to our life.
Have a good day.
Not to worry about offending..don't have to click if I don't want to!!..have a great day!..and yes, Gilda Radner was a great woman!
ReplyDelete