Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The End of Summer

We had good weather for Labor Day weekend, but today it feels like fall because it has been raining all day.  A couple of times the sun peeked out, but that didn’t last long.  The only thing that still feels like summer is that the temperature is still in the 50s and 60s, not the 30s or 40s.  We may still get some more warm days, but they are dwindling this time of the year.  I know we need the rain, but I need sunshine to lift my spirits!sun

Tonight I had to walk on my treadmill instead of walking around the track outside.  The only advantage of walking inside is that I can catch up on Tivo shows while I exercise,but  I would rather be exercising out in the fresh air.  I COULD walk in the rain, but I decided not to tonight.

Dave had to referee a junior varsity football game tonight in the rain.  He was soaked when he arrived home around 8:30.  His knicker pants were wet but surprisingly clean.  He said it was because the grass field hadn’t been torn up yet by games and weather (until tonight, that is).  We are supposed to have another day of rain tomorrow and then better weather. 

It’s time to dig out my crocheting projects again and bring back all those oven recipes that I don’t make in the summer!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting ready for fall.
    We had a touch of fall weather this past weekend but this week the highs are returning to the 90s (90-95). At least it won't be in the 100s anymore this year (I doubt). Our humidity might have dropped a bit so that will help the temps.

    I bet by the end of the season those fields get plenty torn up and then when it rains...yuk! But I also bet Dave loves it(refereeing)!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  2. time for some 'comfort food and the fireplace'?..have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to walk in the rain all the time up in Tumwater when we lived in our stix and brix. We had rain gear that we could hang up in the garage to dry out. In the RV I don't want to drag all of that rain gear inside as it brings all of the moisture inside with it. So, we do very little walking in the rain now. Can't say I really miss it. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's rainy today here at Malheur also. I find the sound of the rain on the roof of the rig kind of relaxing, as long as it doesn't go on for days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great Fall! Autumn has its own special pleasures, depending on your locale, of course. Keep on walking, whether outdoors or in!

    ReplyDelete