Saturday night Dave and I drove into NE Portland to listen to Tim play bass with his band, Cody Weathers and the Men Mama Warned You About. They play at different venues around the Portland area. This gig was held at Elevated Coffee on Martin Luther King Boulevard. That area, which used to be kind of seedy, has been renovated during the last few years and now it’s an up and coming area with coffee shops, restaurants, and comedy clubs.
A funky old bus parked outside the coffee shop
Restaurant located next to Elevated Coffee
Carol, you aren't wasting a lot of words, but the truth is a picture is worth a thousand words, so it was quite appropriate! Portland has changed since last I lived there (when I was eleven), or even since last we visited -- just three years ago!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteIt really looks like the area around The Elevated Coffee Shop is quite upscale and offers a lot of activities for folks to do. Have you eaten at the African Cuisine yet?
ReplyDeleteI think it's kinda neat that Tim is in a band and plays some gigs. I bet he gets to meet some very interesting people out there.
Take care and be safe.
Mike & Gerri
what a great 'date'!!
ReplyDelete